At Fibroid Relief we have been promoting awareness of and access to the full range of treatment options, which has come from our own awareness that women are not given adequate and thorough information to make a decision about their care. In addition – and most closely connected to our mission – is the lack of information about and access to minimally invasive treatment options.
It has been said – quite possibly to you as a patient – that not enough is known about these less invasive treatment options to assure safety and efficacy, especially in the case of Focused Ultrasound. I would argue strongly against this based on the anecdotal evidence that exists with over 6,000 patients treated worldwide, but anecdotal evidence is insufficient and that’s why clinical trials exist. These trials need patients to participate, so now my request to you is to get involved in changing the paradigm by participating in a Clinical Trial.
If one particular trial isn’t right for you, maybe a friend can benefit from the cost of their procedure being covered, maybe someone you didn’t even know was struggling with this decision, but learns of this from you and your message changes their course – so if you cannot participate, spread the word.
Here’s a Clinical Trial that resonates with Fibroid Relief on many levels – The FIRSTT research study: Fibroid Interventions: Reducing Symptoms Today and Tomorrow
You may be eligible to join this study if:
- You are at least 30 years old
- You are not actively trying to get pregnant
- You have not had major surgery to treat your uterine fibroids
Other Important Details:
- Everyone in this study will receive one of the minimally invasive treatment options.
- You will have an equal chance of having either procedure.
- They will follow you for at least 6 months after the procedure.
- You will be compensated for your time.