Thank you to everyone who came out February 3rd for the Fibroid Relief At Last event at the Jefferson Theater in Charlottesville. We were pleased with the stellar panel and the high-quality information that they offered to those in the audience.
Approximately 60 women attended, and based on the feedback we received after the event, the forum helped them to better understand the treatment options available to them.
We would like to thank the panelists who participated:
- Dr. Alan Matsumoto – Professor and Chair, Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging, UVA
- Dr. Elisa Trowbridge – Assistant Professor, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Urology, UVA; Co-Director, UVA Women’s Center for Continence and Pelvic Surgery
- Dr. Bruce Bateman – Professor, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UVA; Physician, Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia
- Dr. Annette Owens – Sexual Health Expert, “Sex Files” Columnist for C-ville Weekly
- Cindy Janechild, RN, CFP – Complimentary/Alternative Practitioner
- Dr. JoAnn Pinkerton – Professor, Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology; Division Director, Midlife Health Center
- Judi, Maurie and Stephanie – Patients who have been treated for uterine fibroids
A special thank you to our sponsors – the Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation, University of Virginia Health System and Insightec.
If you would like to find out about other Fibroid Relief news, or if you wish to receive updates on other Fibroid Relief At Last events that may be coming to an area near you, please sign up to receive our newsletter.