Executive Director of Fibroid Relief, Justine Atkinson, stood among clinical experts and government decision makers in Silver Spring, MD, on July 10, 2014, at an FDA Advisory Committee Meeting regarding the future of morcellator devices used during some procedures to treat fibroids. The FDA recently cautioned the use of morcellators, citing their potential to spread cancer. Justine addressed other, less-invasive procedures that do not use morcellators and highlighted the importance of women having access to and understanding the risks and benefits of the treatment they choose.
- Study Seeks Women’s Insights on What Works Best for Uterine Fibroids
- CTV News Shares Story and Video about Focused Ultrasound Therapy for Uterine Fibroids
- FDA Approves Upgraded System, Acknowledges that Women Can Preserve their Fertility with Focused Ultrasound Fibroid Treatment
- HuffingtonPost.ca Publishes Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center Article About Treatment for Uterine Fibroids Beyond Hysterectomy
- HealthNewsDigest.com Publishes Fibroid Relief Article About Non-Hysterectomy Treatment Options for Uterine Fibroids
Tag CloudBarbara Mikulski Boca Raton cancer Charlottesville clinical trials Dr. Oz education Elizabeth Stewart endocrine estrogen FDA fertility fibroid fibroid education event Fibroid Relief fibroids focused ultrasound Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation FUS GMO health holistic Houston hysterectomy insurance lupron morcellation myomectomy NIH non-invasive Oprah pregnancy Stephanie Tubbs Jones Sue Zaher Sunnybrook Susan LeBlang UAE UFE uterine artery embolization uterine fibroid uterine fibroid embolization uterine fibroids uterus Wladyslaw Gedroyc women
Archives by Month