It is estimated that one in three women in the United States will have had a hysterectomy by the age of 60. Although the numbers of hysterectomies are decreasing, a new study of more than three thousand women in Michigan who underwent hysterectomy for benign indications reveals that alternatives to hysterectomy are being underused and that treatment guidelines are often not followed.
- Study Seeks Women’s Insights on What Works Best for Uterine Fibroids
- CTV News Shares Story and Video about Focused Ultrasound Therapy for Uterine Fibroids
- FDA Approves Upgraded System, Acknowledges that Women Can Preserve their Fertility with Focused Ultrasound Fibroid Treatment
- HuffingtonPost.ca Publishes Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center Article About Treatment for Uterine Fibroids Beyond Hysterectomy
- HealthNewsDigest.com Publishes Fibroid Relief Article About Non-Hysterectomy Treatment Options for Uterine Fibroids
Tag CloudBarbara Mikulski Boca Raton cancer Charlottesville clinical trials Dr. Oz education Elizabeth Stewart endocrine estrogen FDA fertility fibroid fibroid education event Fibroid Relief fibroids focused ultrasound Focused Ultrasound Surgery Foundation FUS GMO health holistic Houston hysterectomy insurance lupron morcellation myomectomy NIH non-invasive Oprah pregnancy Stephanie Tubbs Jones Sue Zaher Sunnybrook Susan LeBlang UAE UFE uterine artery embolization uterine fibroid uterine fibroid embolization uterine fibroids uterus Wladyslaw Gedroyc women
Archives by Month